Thursday 8 April 2021

Deadly Lies by Ann Girdharry - A Bloodhound Books Review

 Deadly Lies

by Ann Girdharry



My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Deadly Lies by Ann Girdharry is the third book in a series featuring Detective Grant and his team and psychologist Ruby Silver. 

When two little girls are abducted in the middle of the night from their grandparents' house, the team has to race against the clock to find them. During their investigation they uncover some dark secrets. Could the abductor be closer to home than they thought? 

I had not read the first books in this series, so some of the references to older cases and turmoil within the team did not make much sense to me. This did not take away from the story however and was more background information.

The story unfolded at a good pace, however for me, there were too many coincidental "discoveries" and glossed over fact finding, that seemed a little unbelievable and confusing. The detectives put pieces together that had no previous thread to lead them to the discovery. I personally did not find a connection with any of the characters, this could be because I had not read the previous books. 

I would like to thank Bloodhound Books and the author for an ARC in exchange for this review. 


View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment