Thursday 26 May 2016

Let It Out: A Journey Through Journaling - A Netgalley Review


Let It Out: A Journey Through Journaling 

by Katie Dalebout


My rating: 2 of 5 stars




I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley, my thanks go to Hay House Publishing and Katie Dalebout.

As an experienced journaler, i was looking forward to reading this book. It became very clear to me very early on however, that this book would be better aimed and marketed at a younger audience or clearly labelled "for new journalers".

The author, a 22 year old blogger and yoga instructor, formulated this book in the space of one week, after winning a contest. In my opinion, this is reflected in the quality of the book and content. I was not put off by the author's age, in fact, this made me think that there would be something unique or "new" hidden within the pages, instead, Katie Dalebout heavily relies on rewording and rephrasing works by established self help authors and therapists.

This book would be useful for a younger audience, who happen to deal with some of the same issues the author faced, however a more adult audience will not find a lot of useful information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment