Monday 5 July 2021

The Trial of Gwen Foley by Jane O'Connor - A Bloodhound Books Review

The Trial of Gwen Foley

 by Jane O'Connor

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In 1723, the town of Lichfield is rocked by the execution of a mother. Not long after, a vicious murder leads to the accusation of another innocent woman. Hester, the temporary magistrate’s wife, forms the Lunar Society with a small group of like minded women to avoid another execution.

This book is historical fiction, as such, some things are not a faithful depiction of the period the book takes place in.

I liked the idea of strong women having such influence on society and being so empowered. 

I really enjoyed the different facets of the story, the murder mystery giving another layer of complexity to the story with some surprising turns. 

The characters were well thought out, the plot developed at a good pace and the scene setting was very well implemented. I don’t live far from Lichfield and could imagine the locations described in the book. 

I would like to thank Bloodhound books and the author for an ARC. <br />This review is my own opinion. 


View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment