Saturday 25 April 2020

I Am Dust 


I Am Dust
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was very lucky to be given an ARC of this book for the purpose of review. This book is one of those rare gems that show up when you least expect it. Louise Beech created a magically haunting book, with complex characters and a story line that captured me from the start. I Am Dust does not neatly fit into any one genre, it has elements of paranormal, thriller, coming of age, romance and psychological. The book does feature some sensitive topics and, I believe, there should be a trigger warning that self harm is mentioned.
The story follows a young theater usher who dreams of being  a playwright. Chloe has been obsessed with the world of theater ever since she rehearsed and performed in a summer school play. Back then, she had a best friend. Back then, she did something... Back then...
Now, some fifteen years later, she vaguely remembers that summer. Little does she know that her whole life is about the turned upside down when a favourite play comes back to town. Bit by bit, Chloe recalls what happened that summer. Will remembering and reconnecting with an old love turn out how she dreams?


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment